BIM Technician / Coordinator
Your new company
Our client is seeking an Architect or Technician to serve as the company's BIM Technician / Coordinator. The particulars of the job will be to join the project delivery team working alongside design team members within the Edinburgh and London studios, as well as liaising with design consultants externally. Specialising predominantly in residential projects, you will be joining an expanding studio in the heart of Edinburgh. The BIM Coordinator will be required to lead a team and to oversee these staff in their development, and assist with the quality of the Revit models being produced, in addition to promoting the efficient/effective use of BIM on all projects.
Your new role
- Leading BIM planning sessions and assisting project teams to properly set up their models to comply with office standards and best practices
- Reviewing project Revit models at key milestones for consistency with company standards, level of development, and efficient modelling practices
- Maintaining the existing BIM standards, templates, and family development
- Troubleshooting model issues and supporting project teams with their AutoCAD and Revit questions
- Planning and executing beginner, intermediate, and advanced Revit and other Design Applications training courses for employees
- Planning and executing continuing education for advances in BIM technology
What you'll need to succeed
- Exceptional revit skills, with a minimum of 2 years experience working on live projects
- You will need to have had experience in a similar type of role within your current organisation.
- Be able to train staff, who will have different levels of ability with BIM
- You should have a passion for developing BIM protocols and improving workflows through new technologies.
What you'll get in return
- Very competitive salary in line with market rates - Fantastic benefits package in addition to salary
- A chance to work for an award winning practice in the heart of Edinburgh
- Involvement in the development of junior staff
- A lot of autonomy, where they will be responsible for leading a team of staff
What you need to do now
This is a unique opportunity that does not come around too often within the architectural market. As an expert recruiter within the Edinburgh Architectural market, I would be keen to speak with you, or anyone who you may feel appropriate for this role on a confidential basis regarding this position. You contact me on 0131 603 8370 or apply directly to the role through this advert. I look forward to hearing from you.