About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Site Manager to join our Construction team to work in Solihull.
What you'll be doing
As, Site Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Overall responsibility for the successful completion of the section or works/overall project and to lead by example, managing the day to day delivery of construction projects
- Ensuring all team members are fully inducted and carry out role specific requirements, identifying opportunities for improvement
- Motivating the team and managing performance, undertaking training/ coaching as appropriate
- Drawing up and monitor short term programmes
- Responsible for the safety and welfare of the general public, staff and supply chain within area of control under the strict observance of the safety policy and in conjunction with local HSE
- Carrying out periodic Safety & Environment Tours as required by the Project H & S Plan
- Supporting Accident / Incident Investigations
For further information please see the attached job description.
Who we're looking for
- Able to clearly communicate the requirements of a safe system of work to ensure that these are followed accurately, and experience in implementing systems improvements
- Capable of taking ownership of tasks and communicating outcomes with clarity; experienced at encouraging direct reports to do the same and managing a team to ensure tasks are carried out effectively and key messages cascaded
- Ability to work under pressure to deadlines, and a flexible attitude towards work in order to deal with a variable and demanding workload
- CSCS Card and SMSTS qualified; must be willing to become First Aid qualified
- Excellent team player and team leader, able to work competently and independently without supervision
- Able and willing to make decisions following consideration of options based on best available information; track record of solution orientated approach to resolve issues
- Strong communication skills with good interpersonal and influencing skills
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages (MS Word, Excel)
- Excellent role model for team and demonstrates required behaviours to align to business, project and team objectives
- Is a self-starter who can manage their own time
- Team management experience
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beatty is a global company with fantastic, leading edge projects. We offer great opportunities for career and personal development.
Our reputation gives our customers, employees, partners, suppliers, investors and the many communities that we serve the confidence to trust us and do business with us. Our four Group-wide values of Integrity, Teamwork, Excellence and Respect are essential in helping to guide our employees and the way that they behave.
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People ("Two Ticks") symbol and are a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme.
CLOSING DATE: Monday 24th October 2016