Appointed Person, Cranes
Appointed Person ~ Cranes. To oversee all craneage requirements for 3 static / luffing cranes on new build RC frames, Acton. 12 months+ £200 neg. CPCS 5/6 days
Appointed Person ~ Cranes. As an appointed person you will be required to carry out lift analysis and to sign off lift plans and assist in safe lifting procedures on site as part of the safety team. CPCS Appointed Person qualification as a minimum. Additional competencies such as Crane supervisor, Slinger and first aid would be an advantage.
An excellent opportunity for an Appointed Person to work for a well-known construction company. Established over 50 years ago the company has a strong order book for work ahead.
The Role will require you to work with Method Statements and Risk Assessments, organise and check the validity of all certification and test certificates; working on site specific risk assessments and lifting plans.
To be considered for this position you should have experience of working in a similar role within the crane or construction industry and have an Appointed Person qualification and a CSCS card. You may have a background as a crane operator and be keen to use your experience for the benefit of others. You must hold a valid UK driving licence.
- Liaising with site and project team to understand project requirements, ensure their project is fully planned
- Check the site for accessibility, ground conditions for placing equipment by means of lorry mounted cranes, and provision of larger lifting equipment.
- Highlighting findings on site, (ground condition, overhead cables and vehicle restrictions) and documentation to all relevant parties.
- Preparation of all relevant paperwork including method statements, risk assessments and lifting plans.
- Oversee installations/decommissions
Applications will only be considered if you have the relevant qualifications ~ Appointed Person, CPCS, CSCS and can supply recent references. You must have recent UK experience and be legally permitted to live and work in the UK.