QA Engineer / Site Engineer
QA Engineer / Site Engineer / Manager, Battersea. Civil Engineer needs 3-4 years practical site experience. Leica conversant. Good communication & AutoCad skills
MUST HAVE PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE IN A QA CAPACITY
QA Checks for permanent works
Use of total station (varying degrees of accuracy), on-site measurement including reinforcement cage checks, daily communication with BBGE, witness BBGE key checks (sign off pile base test) reviewing BBGE pile logs, cross-checking with design information.
Similar to piling duties, with more emphasis on reviewing logs.
- Plunge column fabrication;
Check incoming columns against NSSS tolerances
Monitoring BBGE works
- Weekly progress drawings for issue to client;
- Keep on top of coring works, logging start and finish dates and inputting to tracker,
- Understand constraints and released pile design, to identify forthcoming issues where possible.
- Maintain NCR tracker document;
- Submit new NCRs, noticed through QA checks or flagged by others;
- Co-ordinate NCR progress between BBGE and designers;
- Liaise with temporary works designers RKD for relevant NCR close-out;
- Chair fortnightly NCR progress meetings with relevant parties.
- Issue RFI’s where necessary;
- To be done through Aconex (as with NCRs);
- Communicate responses and follow up further if necessary.
Plunge Column Design Co-Ordination
- Drive progress with column design;
- Cross-communication with RKD, fabricators DAM Structures, steel supplier Arcelor Mittal;
- Update client with progress and issues.
Qualified to Degree level in Civil Engineering, you will have had at least 3-4 years practical site experience working for a specialist RC, Demolition or Groundworks sub-contractor.
Rates. £220-240 per day negotiable
The job is situated in Nine Elms / Battersea, you should live within 1 hour’s commute. Applications will only be considered from people currently legally entitled to live and work in the UK. 2 recent references will be required and validated.