A multi disciplinary practice in Abingdon currently has an exceptional opportunity for an experienced design led Architect to join as Senior Architect.
The successful candidate will have previous experience in the role of Project Architect and will assist the practice in the seamless running of architectural projects to the highest professional standards and will be responsible for the profitability and technical competence of those projects. Experience of working in the residential, educational and heritage sectors would be beneficial but is not essential. You will be confident working at all RIBA work stages and be capable of supervising others' work.
Some of the key responsibilities will include:
* Assisting the partners and associates in the preparation of fee proposals.
* Assessing client/user needs and assisting with the development of clients/user briefs.
* Preparation of feasibility studies.
* Scheme design from initial concepts to preparing planning drawings
* Pre-Application discussions with Local Planning Authority Officials where required.
* Submission of Planning/Listed Building Consent applications, liaison with Officials and monitoring of those submissions.
* Detailed design work including the preparation and submission of Building Regulation drawing packages, the preparation of working drawing/production information and tender packages, specification writing (using NBS specification) including the supervision of others engaged in this work.
* Ability to lead the design process including the management and direction of other members of staff and coordination of other design team members, consultants and contractors.
* Tender action, contract documents and contract administration, including site inspections, throughout the construction phase of projects particularly those following traditional procurement routes.