Highway Structures Engineer
Structural Engineer permanent vacancy with National highways maintenance provider. Based in Basingstoke.
Your new company
This client is one of the leading Highway maintenance providers nationally working on number of key upgrade projects across the country, delivering a range of Engineering services. They are a leader in the field and a key provider in the provision of training and support to Engineers throughout the company, offering you fantastic career development opportunity.
Your new role
The key function of this position is to support the Structures Team Leaders and Senior Structures Engineers or Bridge Inspection Manager in the project management, safety and technical work with all activities relating to the inspection, study, design, maintenance and construction of highway structures on the trunk road & LA network as delegated on a task or project basis.
Key tasks will involve
- Producing technical documents and reports for checking by Team leaders & Senior Engineers that meet specified quality and client objectives.
- Assist in developing sound & innovative design solutions for checking by Principal/Senior Engineers to meet client requirements in the highways structures sector. Encourage innovation and continuous improvement within the overall team.
- Dependant on projects, workload and experience you could be responsible for up to 2 or 3 people.
What you'll need to succeed
- Project Management of structures tasks/projects for delivery to programme and budget in a safe environment. Highway Structures projects an advantage.
- Relevant postgraduate (BSc/BEng/MSc) experience in Civil/Structural Engineering, and preferably working towards IEng or CEng.
- Assisting with the supervision of junior Structures staff.
- Design and/or contract document preparation experience, particularly knowledge of bridge engineering standards, and preparation to HA procedures & MCDHW/DMRB would be a distinct advantage.
- Computer literate plus analytical design and CAD experience an advantage.
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to communicate with clients and stakeholders on technical issues. Experience in the highway structures sectors an advantage
- Good communication and report writing skills commensurate with key client expectations
- Working knowledge of relevant H&S procedures including the CDM Regulations for project related work
- Valid UK Driving licence is essential.
Self - Motivated and able to achieve deadlines/targets
What you'll get in return
An excellent package including competitive salary, with company matched pension, 24 days holiday. and a employee benefits opt in scheme.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.