A leading highways service provider working with local authorities across the United Kingdom specifically to provide road network management solutions with a unique blend of engineering capability, and excellent customer care has made them the best at what they do.
They are looking for an experienced Environmental Advisor to join their growing team, someone who is able to work off their own initiative as well as being a team player, this is an excellent opportunity to work within a specialist Health & Safety Team where you will have the support from the HSQE Director and senior personnel. This will be managing a large geographical area, including: Essex, Buckinghamshire, London, East Cheshire and Bedfordshire.
- Development of impact & aspects register and environmental protection controls
- Carry out environmental legal compliance audits
- Maintain an environmental management system, develop and update policies, processes, procedures and templates
- Champion sustainability initiatives
- Represent the company while dealing with enforcement authorities
- Produce environmental reports for contract and corporate boards
- Investigate environmental incidents and near misses
- Evaluate and audit site waste management plans
- Produce and maintain contract environmental programs and annual reports
- Travel plan co-ordinator
- Identify new and/or amended legislation and assess the impact on the organisation
- Carry out environmental internal audits and develop reports and actions as appropriate
- Undertake training on environmental matters as required across the organisation
- Responsible for the delivery of the requirements of the Energy Saving Opportunity Scheme (ESOS)
- IEMA Qualification
- Minimum of 3 – 5 year's experience in environmental management
- Accredited audit qualifications and experience of ISO 14001 management systems
- IEMA/Environmental Awareness
- Member of IEMA
If you feel you have the experience and qualifications to fulfil this role then please contact Dan Essery on 020 8655 4953 for a confidential chat or apply via this advert.