About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for an Estimator to join our Gas & Water business unit to work in Peterborough.
What you'll be doing
As an Estimator, you will:
- Be responsible for the provision of cost estimates up to appropriate Delivery Milestone within the programme area.
- Develop the estimating working practices within the programme area
- Ensure governance of ALL stakeholders is achieved within agreed timescales
- Ensure all stakeholder costs are broken down to an appropriate level at the respective Delivery Milestones with particular attention to plan for stage and the respective delivery milestone ceiling costs
- Provide high level solution costs for risk and value process evaluation
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beatty's Gas & Water teams work in the UK and internationally, providing expertise and experience to support a stable and safe supply of these vital services.
Working on long-term, large-scale contracts, we build close, collaborative relationships with our clients. Our teams bring technical knowledge and in-depth industry experience to projects, provide exceptional customer service and introduce innovative approaches to minimise disruption to local residents, businesses and the environment.
Our water operations cover the whole lifecycle of networks, including clean and waste water mains, metering, treatment facilities and other essential infrastructure. Working closely with the supply chain, we employ industry-leading approaches like BIM and offsite construction to bring cost and time efficiencies to projects.
In the gas sector, we work to expand and renew underground mains, often in busy and high-impact residential and commercial areas. We work closely with clients to manage and plan work intelligently in these areas, minimising the impact this essential work has on local communities.
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People ("Two Ticks") symbol and are a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme.
Closing Date: 12th October 2016