Senior Structural Engineer
Senior Structural Engineer
Salary up to £50,000 + Attractive Benefits
Are you a Senior Structural Engineer with a minimum of 5 years working in a consultancy environment? Are you Chartered or an Associate Member of ICE or ISTructE?
Due to a steady and continued growth and a number of new and exciting projects in the pipeline, our client is seeking a Senior Structural Engineer to join a vibrant and friendly team in Derby. You will be responsible for all aspects of design work from conception through to technical approval/completion on projects ranging from £0.5m to £30m.
You will be responsible for design quality and profitable delivery and will report to the Director in the team. Project workload is interesting and varied and comprised of Student Accommodation, various Retail Units, Educational Buildings, Industrial Units and Commercial offices. The workload will be split into Structural Surveys and Design.
Working as a Senior Structural Engineer you will;
* Preparation of fee proposals for Director authorisation
* Delivery of scheme designs and input into scheme design reports
* Delivery of detailed design including full tender and construction package
* Liaison with statutory authorities, architects, the design team and contractors
* Attendance at client, design and site meetings, and site inspections and reporting
* Management of engineers and technicians
In order to be considered for this Senior Structural role you will;
* MEng in structural engineering or a first degree in a related discipline
* Chartered Membership or Associate Membership of the ICE or IStructE
* Qualitative and quantitative experience in building structures or infrastructure design
* Strong communication, analysis, technical design and drawing skills
* A self-motivated team player with good people skills.
Duties of this Senior Structural role will include;
* Carrying out structural surveys of buildings and structures, and providing advice on any issues that may arise. Analysing and reporting on structural defects and remediation if required
* Preparation of conceptual and outline designs for structural schemes
* Preparation of detailed design calculations to British Standards, Eurocodes and relevant design guidance notes
* Preparation of detailed design drawings and specifications for Tender purposes with assistance of Technician. Production of Construction information for issue to Contractors
* Visiting sites during the Construction phase to monitor progress and provide advice to Contractors
* Day-to-day support to colleagues from other disciplines within the office
If you feel this Senior Structural Engineer role is of interest we would love to hear from you. Call MIKAELA now on 01792 341104 or email Mikaela.Rabaiotti@penguinrecruitment.co.uk If you have any queries feel free to get in touch!