Head of Programme Management
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Head of Programme Manager to join our Gas & Water business unit to work in Rickmansworth, London
What you'll be doing
As a Head of Programme Manager you will:
- Provide clear leadership and ownership of the Water portfolio
- Effectively communicate the outcome related goals/strategies of the Water portfolio to the overall portfolio team
- Take accountability and work with the Checkpoint A team to drive and ensure Schemes are validated prior to solution development and bundled as appropriate to effectively and efficiently translate portfolio outcomes into projects (outputs).
- Be accountable for the GO / NO-GO decision at Checkpoint C.
- Develop a portfolio plan with focus around ROI commercial aspects such as benchmarking and OIS
Who we're looking for
- Have established credentials and experience in Portfolio/Programme Management
- Have excellent knowledge and application of programme management tools and techniques.
- Be able to work autonomously and in a collaborative team-based environment
- Be able to work flexibly when required
- Have proven team leader experience and the ability to motivate and positively influence others to achieve performance goals and the portfolio's objectives
- Have excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beatty's Gas & Water teams work in the UK and internationally, providing expertise and experience to support a stable and safe supply of these vital services.
Working on long-term, large-scale contracts, we build close, collaborative relationships with our clients. Our teams bring technical knowledge and in-depth industry experience to projects, provide exceptional customer service and introduce innovative approaches to minimise disruption to local residents, businesses and the environment.
Our water operations cover the whole lifecycle of networks, including clean and waste water mains, metering, treatment facilities and other essential infrastructure. Working closely with the supply chain, we employ industry-leading approaches like BIM and offsite construction to bring cost and time efficiencies to projects.
In the gas sector, we work to expand and renew underground mains, often in busy and high-impact residential and commercial areas. We work closely with clients to manage and plan work intelligently in these areas, minimising the impact this essential work has on local communities.
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People ("Two Ticks") symbol and are a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme.
Closing Date: 7th October 2016