Construction Manager (4 Month FTC)
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Construction Manager (4 month FTC) to join our Engineering Services team to work in Bromborough.
What you'll be doing
As a Construction Manager, you will:
- Take overall responsibility for the successful completion of the construction programme, meeting or exceeding all contractual obligations
- Monitor delivery of the project, identifying risk and opportunities and working with key stakeholders to optimise project delivery
- Assess the 'buildability' of the proposed design, and ensure that Design teams produce feasible designs within the required timescales.
- Lead the delivery of construction works, ensuring compliance with all company processes and protocols
- Manage and develop the supervisory and engineering team, and lead project steering groups/cross discipline action groups
Who we're looking for
- Have a proven track record in managing and leading large teams, recruiting talent, mentoring and developing team members
- Have local & sector knowledge for supply chain and external contacts purposes, and for environmental and regulatory requirements.
- Have a successful track record in making independent, objective judgements
- Have achieved professional accreditation and undertakes extra-curricular activities to advance the profession (eg RICS, MCIOB)
- Hold a current driving license
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People ("Two Ticks") symbol and are a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme.
CLOSING DATE: 23rd September 2016