DESIGN MANAGER | NORTH LONDON | TIER 1 BUILDING CONTRACTOR
Our client who is a tier 1 building contractor with a strong order book is looking to recruit a design manager.
The role is open due to an increase in work load in North London.
Your role will be to work on a variety of construction projects North of the Thames. This is a predominately site based role.
Previous experience in the construction industry is essential.
Key tasks of the role include:
- Helping to manage the interface with the design team, the design development process and the interface with specialist sub-contract design.
- Maintaining a professional approach with clients and their professional teams, sub-contractors and suppliers.
- Developing detailed deliverable schedules for each design discipline and coordinating these with their procurement and construction programmes.
- Helping to ensure designs are developed within the constraints of the contract, the requirements of the output specification and the commercial objectives.
- Managing the design submitted requirements to the client representatives, design team and third parties such as building control.
You should possess:
- An understanding of the construction process through design to on site construction and handover.
- A well organised working style, an interest in design and an aptitude for managing the design process.
- A proactive approach, be an enthusiastic coordinator and motivator.
- Good communication skills, on both a personal level and formal reporting level.
- Educated within construction or design.
My client is offering a competitive salary up to c£60,000 and a benefits package which includes a £5000 car allowance, pension and healthcare.
There is also a great chance for career progression and personal development.
If you are interested in this design opportunity please forward an updated CV along with a covering letter. All applications are dealt with the strictest confidentiality.