Estimator - Leading Specialist Fit Out Contractor - West Sussex
6 days left
SSA are recruiting on behalf of one the UK's largest specialist drywall Fit Out Contractors, our client offer dry lining, ceilings and specialist internal fit-out to main contractors and clients across the country with an annual turnover in the region of £50m a year.
Our client is actively seeking an experienced Estimator to join their Estimating Department based at their Head Office in West Sussex.
The purpose of this role is to process and present incoming enquiries, co-ordinate, prepare and ensure tender submissions are evaluated and submitted in accordance with the client’s requirements and timescales. In addition, the successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the business development strategy is implemented as agreed and the pre-construction process is adhered to. They will ensure that tender submissions are in accordance with the contract documents and company procedures, and are to the commercial benefit of the company.
- Ensuring all estimating is carried out in accordance with company procedures.
- Providing an initial appraisal of bid documentation and agreeing with the Estimating Manager the technical bid strategies from the earliest possible stage.
- Technically reviewing key documentation and setting clear goals for team members.
- Liaising with clients to ensure submissions are produced and submitted in accordance with the client requirements whilst providing commercial value to the company.
- Ensuring all bids are subject to proper adjudication to enable successful post tender negotiations whilst providing comprehensive handovers and presentation of tender bids to the Operations team ensuring specification and budgets are fully understood.
- Working closely with other functions including Quantity Surveyors, Buyers, Designers, Construction Managers and Planning Engineers to ensure that comprehensive feedback is collated to improve the quality and accuracy of the estimates produced.
- Reviewing and prioritising technical reviews of bids. Providing a working log which tracks the progress and status of live bids, regularly reviewed with Estimating Manager.
- Assisting the Head of Estimating to ensure bids are adequately resourced to ensure tenders are completed in a comprehensive and timely manner.
- Ensuring technical development and training needs of staff are identified and support the Estimating Manager to ensure required training is provided.
- Adopting continual improvement techniques to ensure year on year increased outputs and a reduction of ambiguous information is achieved.
- Strict Health and Safety compliance in accordance to Company procedures.
- Responsibility for self-development
- Supporting client engagement during the bid process.
- Engaging manufacturers and suppliers.
- Assessing the risks associated with key bids including HSE, scope, logistics, attendances and financial etc.
- Assisting with developing the key bid deliverables including clarifications, design requirements and preliminary assessment.
- Fully understanding the client scope of works and ensuring that the Estimators understand how this may impact on the estimate.
- Presenting financial overviews of bids allowing assessment of value engineering proposals and commercial amendments.
- Developing overall team technical capacity and abilities in line with business growth plans.
- Developing technical review procedures identifying key risks and opportunities for use by the Estimating team.
- Supporting the Estimating Manager / Director with the technical and strategic Bid leadership of key tenders.
- Managing the procedure for the continuous improvement and monitoring of Conquest Software.
The successful candidate will have appropriate experience in estimating / quantity surveying, having worked in the construction industry, preferably the Fit Out & Refurbishment sector of the industry. A technical knowledge of partitioning, dry lining, ceiling systems and general fit out would be highly beneficial.
- Ideally degree qualified preferably in a construction related or equivalent proven ability and experience in Fit Out
- Evidence of Professional Development
Competive DOE + Excellent Company Benefits
Please send CV's to firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for Estimator - Leading Specialist Fit Out Contractor - West Sussex
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly