Walker Construction UK Ltd has an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager based at Verney Junction, Buckinghamshire. In return, we offer a competitive salary, company car, 23 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, auto enrolment company pension scheme, private healthcare and onsite parking.
We are a family owned company, originating from North London. We moved to Folkestone, Kent in the late sixties and now have offices in Essex, Surrey and Buckinghamshire. We specialise in construction works for Public Authorities including county and district councils, government departments, statutory authorities and Network Rail.
The Project Manager will be responsible for site management on multiple sites as required, the role will include:
- Managing the success, safety, quality, environmental, delivery and commercial and programme compliance of all contracts
- Ensuring that business operations are executed in a safe manner with current Health, Safety and Environmental legislation
- Managing onsite personnel within the contract
- Controlling client liaison and site team relationships
- Effectively manage direct labour, sub-contractors, plant hire and material ordering
- To provide accurate management information to Contract Manager / Project Quantity Surveyor / Commercial Manager as required
- To manage all contracts with a view to maximising margins
- Preparation of safety documentation as required, CPP / RAMS / Risk Assessments / COSHH Assessments etc.
The successful candidate should possess:
- Degree, HNC or equivalent in Civil Engineering or Building
- Previous construction project management
- Civil, S278 / Roadworks & S38 experience
- CSCS black card
- SMSTS certification
- Street Works Supervisor certification
- A working knowledge of the CDM regulations
- A working knowledge of NEC 3 and JCT Conditions of Contract
- A working knowledge of construction methods and techniques
- A working knowledge of current programming software
- Ability to work clearly and accurately under pressure and to tight timescales
- Ability to demonstrate excellent communication and organisational skills
If you are an experienced Project Manager and have experience within the construction / building industry, please apply today.