Senior Project Manager - Commercial Construction
A specialist project management consultancy which prides themselves on its ability to deliver to its clients with exceptional service is looking for that next professional to join the team based in central Auckland, New Zealand.
The role will provide the challenges and workload for the right candidate to make his mark but also offers a path for further honours within the business.
As you will be coming in at a senior level, being able to demonstrate the cradle to grave project management qualities needed is imperative.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Undertake some due diligence work on new sites and providing the technical support for the preparation of planning submissions.
- Working closely with design teams on complex issues, and progress on projects.
- Managing the project programme and cost plan.
- Ensuring design specifications are being met during the construction process.
- Managing the project programme and that all contractors and sub-contractors are working to timeframes set.
- Reporting to the regional manager within the firm, giving detailed progress reports.
- Being able to gain repeat business and market the company to prospective clients necessary for career progression.
To be considered for the role the ideal candidate will come from either a Construction, Engineering or Project management background.
- Consultancy background preferable with client facing interaction.
- Experience across a range of projects from commercial, residential, retail, hotels, mixed use.
- Experience managing projects from detailed design and planning through to completion.
- Good experience in sourcing materials and suppliers, negotiation, tender and supplier evaluation and client liaison.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills dealing with the demands of the client while managing designers, and contractors on site.
The successful candidate will be offered a very rewarding salary with great work to life flexibility and career progression to higher honours.
Please apply online with your current CV if you're interested in this role.