About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Commercial Manager to join our Living Places business unit to work in our Drayton, West Sussex location.
This key role will provide commercial lead and commercial support to the contract teams and input to highway infrastructure and streetscene during the delivery phase.
The role requires detailed contract knowledge and analytical appraisal, risk analysis, mitigation appraisal & costing and production of commercial reports.
What you'll be doing
As Commercial Manager you will:
- Managing commercial staff on a day-to-day basis
- Demonstrable experience of making a material contribution to improving the returns on contracts.
- Good highway and contract knowledge and practical application.
- Practical experience of assisting with delivering proposed solutions
- Production of commercial, financial and management reports
For more information please see the attached Job Description.
Who we're looking for
- Able to communicate and present confidently, clearly and expressively
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Good organisational skills
- Capable of influencing within cross-functional teams
- Accustomed to open working relationships with colleagues and clients, a clear communicator with good analytical and presentation skills
- Robust and independent minded
- Flexibility, initiative, computer literacy, and attention to detail are prerequisites
- Process oriented approach
- Pro-active, motivated and a self starter
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Customer focused
- Creative/ problem solving skills
- Able to work collaboratively with other people
- Focus on delivery of service
- Good knowledge of various forms of term contract i.e. NEC Term Service Contract , ICE
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
The way we live our lives is changing fast: where and how we live, work, travel, shop, relax and socialise. The evolving nature of our society means we all need to shape our environment to meet a complex array of individual and collective needs.
Wherever investment in these environments is needed, Living Places works in partnership with Local Authorities to consult, finance, design, build and manage the essential place infrastructure that local communities and national economies need to prosper and grow.
We are right at the heart of a dynamic 'place shaping' agenda that brings Local Authorities, local communities, Central Government, and the Private Sector together to create safe, sustainable, flexible and dynamic public spaces geared to community social need, economic growth and personal well-being as well as being environmentally sustainable.
The provision of maintenance services for highways is only a small part of what is really needed. Our focus has moved beyond the 'road' to deliver the potential of the 'street': a dynamic public place that connects and combines local community and business needs, encourages social interaction and helps pedestrians, motorists, bus riders, and cyclists to coexist safely. Building great public spaces with resource efficient assets enables functional, flexible and inspirational places to be at the heart of the community.