Junior Estimator - Building Restoration - £25K-30K + Package - SW London
SSA are recruiting on behalf of a leading Main Contractor in the field of building restoration & refurbishment of historic buildings in London.
ASSISTANT ESTIMATOR OVERVIEW
For over 25 years our client has gained a reputation for setting exceptional standards within the industry. With a strong client base, they undertake work on a Grade I and Grade II listed buildings and those which hold both architectural and historical significance. Our clients expertise and standing in this specialist sector has been recognised through the continual flow of high quality opportunities and industry awards. Due to unprecedented growth, they are seeking to employ an Assistant Estimator to join their Estimating department based in South West London.
A selection of current and recent projects:
The Old War Office
The Old Admiralty Building
Harold Pinter Theatre
University of East London
The Round House, Camden
The Foreign and Commonwealth Office
The Lalit Hotel,
Hilton Hotel, Park Lane
The Royal Horseguards Hotel
Our client is seeking a highly motivated individual who can demonstrate energy and enthusiasm and who will contribute towards the continued expansion of our successful restoration business. Their position offers an excellent opportunity to broaden experience as an Estimator within a supportive and dynamic environment.
- Excellent salary
- Pension scheme
- Assistance with training towards Professional Qualification e.g. CIOB, MAPM etc.
- As accredited Investors In People, we would offer a personalised and structured training plan
Skills & Experience Requirements
The successful applicant will be a team player and will have:
- A passion for estimation and business development
- Knowledge of construction ideally with a background in restoration and refurbishment
- High motivation
- Commercial awareness
- Worked in a busy office environment , ideally with tight deadlines
- Desirable to have a proven track record of profitable performance
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- Proven maintenance of strong client relationships.
- Able to work on their own initiative
Main Duties & Responsibilities
The main duties and responsibilities the role are:
- To assist with tenders and enquiries
- To build on an existing robust client base
- To compile and prepare sub-contract enquiries and conduct sub-contractor cost comparisons
- To assist and eventually estimate works and undertake on-site assessment of projects
- To report fortnightly to the Production Director on quality, value and success rate of enquiries received.
Please apply to email@example.com