2 days left
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Engineer to join our Major Projects team to work in Bolton.
What you'll be doing
As a Senior Engineer, you will:
- Provide a customer focused/service/commercial approach to work.
- Be responsible for the supervision of Technology Engineers within the South, North, East & West Area's.
- Be responsible for developing fault reduction strategies within each sector.
- Ensure systems are above the required 97% availability target through efficient and effective working.
- Ensure HA TPMS data is captured and entered correctly and all data accurate.
Who we're looking for
- Be qualified to HNC or BTEC in electronics/telecommunications engineering (or an agreed equivalent qualification) or demonstratable experience working on Motorway communications or closely related systems.
- Good knowledge of HA communications infrastructure and standards.
- Good knowledge of HA testing/TMMM requirements.
- Have NMCS 2 Communications experience i.e. good all round technology experience e.g. MIDAS, CCTV, VMS, ERTs, NTIS, HAWIS, Traffic Signals etc.
- Be able to work at height and in confined spaces.
- Hold a full driving licence
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
From wind farms to railways, through tunnels and over bridges; our design and construction teams have been successfully delivering complex projects for over 100 years.
We have a proven record of delivering and managing tailor-made infrastructure and construction schemes for each of our customers. Our recent schemes have included the London 2012 Aquatics Centre, Heathrow Airport's Terminal 2B, Whitelee Windfarm and the White City Development Substation.
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People ("Two Ticks") symbol and are a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme.
Closing Date: 26th October 2016