- Would you prosper from working within a new division?
- Have you got the ambition and drive to be a focal point to the growth of this new venture?
- Do you have the ability to deliver high quality work under your own control and initiative?
Then this will be right for you!
A market-leading contractor has recently won a fresh batch of work in their newly opened division, covering concrete cutting solutions for their ever-growing client base. The work that has come through has created the opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor to join their commercial team.
Overall, the portfolio of projects totals £10m, with the order book still increasing. Your commercial abilities will be challenged as you will be part of a team of two that will be responsible for the commercial success of the projects, and future work to come through in the pipeline.
Additionally, in this role is the responsibility for autonomy and process of tenders for future work. To achieve the company's growth plan this is seen as a key factor and will heighten your profile within the business. Experience in the area will be beneficial for future career development.
Where the team, division and company is expanding throughout, there is a clear objective to bring in junior members of staff within the next six to twelve months. This will enable you to have the opportunity of promotion to Senior Quantity Surveyor level as you will be guiding and mentoring new team members.
Are you interested?
To be considered for this role you will need to have:
- High level of knowledge of the construction sector
- Experience working for a specialist civils contractor
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Confidence of pricing new projects
- Extensive knowledge of the JCT and NEC forms of contract
- Good level of knowledge of Microsoft packages
- Commercial and contractual awareness
- Ambition and can-do attitude
It is preferable if you have:
- A Degree qualification or equivalent
- Experience in the tendering and pricing of new work
- Extensive knowledge of Excel
Please contact Andy Cook on 0208 655 1600 or email on email@example.com
If this role isn't for you and you know of anyone that you can recommend, please note that we offer a £500 shopping voucher referral reward scheme upon success. Those vouchers are for a shop of your choice. If you can recommend anyone, please let me know on the contact details above.