Health & Safety Advisor
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Health & Safety Advisor to join our Major Projects team to work in London
What you'll be doing
As a Health & Safety Advisor you will:
- Promote the implementation of the Project Safety Management System including the Construction Phase H&S Plan, Work Package Plans
- Provide advice, support and assistance to all project personnel to enable them to discharge their health and safety responsibilities.
- Develop and deliver suitable safety training programmes for all project personnel (including routine project inductions, toolbox talks, task briefings and topic specific presentations.
- Assist Project Managers and Supervisory Staff in undertaking project related risk assessments in line with Balfour Beatty requirements
- Undertake risk assessment reviews to ensure that risk assessments are suitable and sufficient for the tasks to be undertaken
Who we're looking for
- Be a Chartered Member of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (or working towards)
- Hold a NEBOSH General, Construction Certificate and Diploma (desirable but training will be given)
- Have a relevant CSCS Card
- Understand Health and safety legislation, regulations and guidance.
- Have construction industry experience and in particular construction design & management regs
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
From wind farms to railways, through tunnels and over bridges; our design and construction teams have been successfully delivering complex projects for over 100 years.
We have a proven record of delivering and managing tailor-made infrastructure and construction schemes for each of our customers. Our recent schemes have included the London 2012 Aquatics Centre, Heathrow Airport's Terminal 2B, Whitelee Windfarm and the White City Development Substation.
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People ("Two Ticks") symbol and are a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme.
Closing Date: 28th October 2016