Assistant Quantity Surveyor
- Are you looking for longevity in a project?
- Would you benefit from working with one of the biggest utilities contractors in the UK?
- Have you got the desire to work in a sector that shows consistent growth?
Then this will be right for you!
One of the UK's largest utilities contractors has been extremely successful in their recent tenders for new work. Two new frameworks have been secured covering long-term maintenance and infrastructure solutions within the clean water industry. These have until AT LEAST 2021 to run, with possible extension to 2026, meaning you could be working until the end of AMP7/start of AMP8 on these projects. That's fantastic!
Due to this, a requirement has arisen to bring in an ambitious Assistant Quantity Surveyor who knows the utilities market. Per annum, the frameworks spend total around £25m each, meaning that your commercial abilities will be challenged, ensuring that they are run successfully along with the assistance of the team.
As the frameworks progress and the team expands, there is a high probability that you could be considered for an Intermediate Quantity Surveyor position within the next two years.
Are you interested?
To be considered for this role you will have:
- High level of knowledge of the utilities sector
- Experience working for a civils contractor
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Extensive knowledge of the NEC3 forms of contract
- Good level of knowledge of Microsoft packages
- Commercial and contractual awareness
- Ambition and can-do attitude
It is preferable if you have:
- A Degree qualification or equivalent
- Extensive knowledge of Excel
- Experience working for a utilities contractor
Please contact Andy Cook on 0208 655 1600 or email on firstname.lastname@example.org
If this role isn't for you and you know of anyone that you can recommend, please note that we offer a £500 shopping voucher referral reward scheme upon success. Those vouchers are for a shop of your choice. If you can recommend anyone, please let me know on the contact details above.