Mechanical Estimator required for leading M&E Contractor in Surrey (projects across London and the South)
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Mechanical Estimator to work for a large M&E Contractor in Surrey. Currently turning over circa £30m this is a great business going from strength to strength and a leader within the sector of works they cover.
Projects consist of both public and private sector strip-out, fit-out and refurbishment works on new laboratories, university buildings, high specification luxury apartments and houses and more. This is a vital role within the company. Reporting in to the Director and Senior Contract Manager, you will be expected to work professional unsupervised and represent the company at senior levels. This will be a busy role and very demanding on occasions with tender deadlines being a key to the time management of this role.
The role will require excellent technical, administration and IT skills. You must be confident, personable and be able to present ideas to clients with confidence. Commercial understanding of the industry, supply chain and specialist contractor requirements is desirable. Ideally the estimator will have knowledge of various forms of contract and experience working for public sector clients in framework environments. Duties and Responsibilities
- Review with senior management tendering opportunities.
- Assist with pre-qualification technical responses.
- Review framework opportunities
- Review tender documents.
- Summarise tender return requirements.
- Prepare tender level designs to establish costs
- Complete tender stage surveys
- Complete technical and commercial appraisal of installation tasks.
- Apply hours, rates and develop tender price submission.
- Prepare technical response to tender questions.
- Represent company at pre-tender and post tender meetings
- Assist in the development of post tender presentations.
- Attend and take part in post tender presentations.
- Consider value engineering solutions
- Complete options appraisals in order to advise clients on best fit solutions.
- Prepare and present technical submissions and tender stage designs.
- Attend pre-commencement meetings.
- Develop procurement schedule
- Obtain competitive packages of work from our supply chain and specialists.
- Develop company buying strategy
- Review supply chain, manage discount structures.
- Advise on buying policy and procurement techniques
- Implement procurement strategies
- Review and assess buying performance and manage specialist supply chain.
- Review outturn costs against target and tender.
- Prepare procurement reports and annual buying plans.
The role will build upon a mechanical estimator role to initially develop tender strategies and buying plans and procurement management. The role will liaise with their marketing and PQQ team to secure and deliver contract works to our installation division. The successful candidate will join a rapidly growing, process driven organisation with an enviable client list with challenging, fast track projects.
To be considered for this role you must be able to work in the UK without restriction and you must hold a valid UK Driving License.
Hays Building Services is the only Recruitment Consultancy to be the Official Recruitment Partner for the Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE).
Hays Building Services is a specialist in Building Services Recruitment and have a range of posts available. If you are seeking a career move but this position is not right for you please browse the other vacancies on our website. We also welcome speculative applications.
For a private and confidential discussion please contact Aadil Cockar on 020 8464 6678 or email your CV [mailto:] .