MEP Consultancy in Kent looking to hire a Director to join their Leadership team.
Successful and award winning MEP Consultancy is looking to strengthen their leadership by recruiting a Director with a Mechanical bias to join their office in mid-Kent. Operating for the last 20 years, the firm has recently grown to accommodate large scale projects for traditional clients and D&B Contractors.
Projects include Aviation; Residential (including high-end); Commercial (New-build and refurb); Hospitals; Hospitality; Retail; Restaurants and Schools (Primary, Secondary and Colleges). Typical projects values ranges from £3,000 to £7,000,000 (MEP value).
You will become involved in a variety of projects from mechanical design, acquisition and dilapidation surveys and project management. Their project base is varied and you will have the opportunity to become involved in a wide range of projects. You will deal directly with clients and attend meetings on behalf of the company.
The business was originally formed to fill the gap on a lack of professional services available to undertake difficult small to medium size projects at sensible fees. They are seeing excellent growth and this position is a result of their growing workload with established clients.
- To lead delivery on M&E Building Services design on UK and projects with a good understanding of International standards
- Act as Project Manager on engineering projects
- Motivate and develop the Building Services team to consistently deliver excellent performance
- Strategic technical decision making and strategic technical direction to the electrical team
- Establish and develop strong client relationships with new clients and build relationships with existing clients, securing repeat business and identifying opportunities to sell new services
- Coordination between the M&E Disciplines and across the multi discipline team.
- Ensure Mechanical or Electrical design quality is maintained
- Own resource schedule for your projects and liaise with other team leaders to maximise staff utilisation and Multi-discipline opportunities
- Lead bids for M&E and Multidiscipline projects
- Ownership of commercial reporting for your projects as Project Manager with emphasis on accurate forecasting of costs as well as income
You must be able to work in the UK without restriction.
Hays Building Services is the only Recruitment Consultancy to be the Official Recruitment Partner for the Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE).
Hays Building Services is a specialist in Building Services Recruitment and have a range of posts available. If you are seeking a career move but this position is not right for you please browse the other vacancies on our website. We also welcome speculative applications.
For a private and confidential discussion please contact Aadil Cockar on 020 8464 6678 or email your CV
Apply for Mechanical Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly