Senior Design Engineer
4 days left
- Job Type
We are working with a leading Industrial Services contractor to recruit a Senior Project Engineer in the design team working within the Scaffolding sector, due to rapid growth within the division.
Our client is a leading player both UK and worldwide in the Industrial Services, Scaffolding, and Formwork fields
Reporting to the Technical Manager, the main duties of the role will be:
- To assist and support Industry growth in meeting customer expectations; by providing a comprehensive first class technical service.
- Support the National Technical Manager and Business Development Manager in the growth strategy for Industry in the UK.
- Understand company Technical design strategy.
- Production of accurate and economical drawings, schedules and quotations for complex scaffolding and shoring
- Promote the successful delivery of projects to meet quality and time parameters.
- Provide technical advice on all aspects of scaffolding and shoring to customers and sales engineers
- Actively promote the supply of a first class technical service and lead by example
- Work closely with the National Technical Manager to ensure consistent, efficient working practices.
- Develop relationships with Sales Engineers and customers to promote efficient use of Technical resource.
- Representing the National Technical Team to collaborate with and support other regions and functions.
- Assist the National Technical Manager with the further development of Technical staff.
- Assist Engineering Manager with Scaffold related queries and support to international dealers
- Liaise with GmbH Technical departments
- Cooperation with Engineering Director, Industry Business Develop Manager and Regional Sales managers to help support strategic growth
The successful candidate will ideally possess
- HNC Minimum in a Construction related subject
- Health and Safety
- Demonstrate an in depth knowledge in all aspects of scaffold and shoring designs
- Proven ability
- Good working knowledge of CAD based design tools.
- Good working experience of Frame Analysis programs in relation to scaffold designs
- Good understanding of relevant European and British Standards applicable to Scaffolding and Shoring.
- Appreciation & understanding of UK scaffolding industry guidelines such as NASC TG's & SG's and CISRS etc.
- Awareness of requirements for CDM compliance
- Experience in knowledge management and staff development
- Good communication, social and collaborative skills
- Analytical thinking
- Strong work ethic, open and reliable
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to learn and adapt to products quickly
£32000 to £38000 + car or car allowance + benefits