A nationwide construction consultancy with an established reputation based on 70 years of outstanding project delivery in the built environment are seeking a quantity surveyor to join their lively London office based near Goodge street tube station. The quantity surveyor will work on a range of developments including; schools, leisure facilities, houses, public sector and mixed use community projects. Values range from 0.5 million to 100 million, with diverse and unique project briefs.
Clear routes for progression to directorship for a Senior Quantity Surveyor or Intermediate Quantity Surveyor looking for that next step in their career.
The successful quantity surveyor will be working as part of a team to deliver projects across London and the South. Particular projects include; new build Primary School, with playing fields, astro turf and leisure complex, a community regeneration bus garage development, a mixed use community new build and a large range of residential developments. You will be the QS in charge of the teams responsible for delivering these projects, mentoring and guiding junior staff.
Day to Day Duties:
- Responsible for liaising with all external and internal stakeholders to enable the projects to progress without delay
- Ensuring all reasonable requests are met in a timely efficient manner.
- Manage the preparation and verification of pricing models from first principals for projects of moderate complexity
- Preparation of activity schedules, bills of quantities in accordance with methods of measurement
- Carrying out full tender analysis and comparisons through to preparing the recommendation report
- Ensure that the projects are managed in accordance with the contract, and meeting the required reporting deadlines
- Assess contractor applications, along with any changes, making recommendations and raising payment certificates
- Preparing general correspondence on behalf of the project managers to ensure that only legitimate payments are certified.
- Liaise with the project managers to review and update the risk registers
- Identify principal risks and opportunities, raises, addresses and resolves problems at a project level
- Maintain a schedule of potential financial implications for the various projects.
- Responsible for managing and reporting change control procedures within each specific contract and ensuring that they are adhered to by all parties
- Reviews main contractors and subcontracts, and identifies where clauses are in breach of partner policies and guidelines, making recommendations to achieve compliance.
- Consider alternative strategies for dispute resolution of moderate complexity
- The Person
The successful Quantity Surveyor will have:
- 2 year post graduate experience with a degree in a relevant subject e.g. quantity surveying
- Ability to prioritise and self-manage
- Thrives in a high-pressure environment.
- Aspirations to gain MRICS
- Develop strong working relationships with colleagues and clients
- Expertise in administering high value, multi-disciplinary construction project work packages / contracts utilising forms of contract such as the NEC3 suite.
- Track record in managing complex, high value and varied contracts from a quantity surveying perspective.
- Expert analytical skills to make informed, balanced business decisions
This is unique opportunity for a quantity surveyor to work for an established construction consultancy, where you will be surrounded by knowledgeable professionals within the industry, who will be on hand to collaborate on projects and support you as you complete you APC and gain MRICS.
- £45,000 - £55,000 (DOE)
- Private medical care
- Life assurance
- Company pension matched to 6%
- Share incentive scheme
- Holiday allowance + buy and sell option.
At Brandon James we currently have a wide range of opportunities for assistant quantity surveyors and quantity surveyors at every stage in their career.
If you are a Quantity Surveyor considering your career options please contact Cliff Kemp at Brandon James.
UK / London/ MRICS / Education/ Environmental/ Leisure/ Community/ Quantity Surveyor