Hydraulic Modeller - Peterborough
Hydraulic Modeller (Flood) - Peterborough - £28,000-£36,000
Your new company
This company is one of the UK's largest and most diverse multidisciplinary consultancies in the design, management, infrastructure, real estate, civil engineering, environmental management and transport sectors. they are also the market leader in strategic public-private partnerships with local government clients. Due to continued growth they are looking for an experienced candidate to join our successful and growing team.
Your new role
You will be working on a wide variety of projects for a range of clients, including the Environment Agency, local authorities, water authorities, developers and internal clients, principally in Flood modelling. You will also will have the opportunity to further develop their skills in river modelling, hydrology, engineering, environment, GIS and development and flood risk in collaboration with the wider team.
What you'll need to succeed
You will ideally have the following qualifications, skills and experience in order to be successful;
- Bachelor's degree in an appropriate analytical subject (Civil Engineering , Environmental Science , Water Resources, Engineering Hydrology)
- Chartered or looking to become chartered with CIWEM or ICE (or progressing structured training scheme in relevant discipline)
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Excellent report writing skills
- Ability to manage commercial aspects of projects
- An in depth knowledge of UK flood risk and climate change policy
- Experience in fluvial/coastal hydraulic flood modelling
- Hydraulic modelling software, including ISIS/Flood Modeller Pro, TUFLOW, InfoWorks, MIKEFLOOD and/or HECRA
What you'll get in return
As well as a generous basic salary you will also join a company pension scheme and have access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.