Construction Design & Management Advisor
Construction Design & Management Advisor - Hertford
We require a CDM Advisor to support our integrated commercial and joint venture teams. This role is with the Contracts, Performance and Development Group (CPD) of the Hertfordshire County Council (HCC) Highways department.
The CDM Advisor will primarily offer support to the Whole Client Service as well as site based team members and where required;
- Act as Principal Designer for minor works, where and when required
- Provide liaison in all contractual matters
- Ensure that WCS CDM regulatory requirements are met, including on site when required
- Attendance and contribution at contractual meetings, as well as regular reporting
- Input at planning stages and support for colleagues to ensure correct scoping out and verification activities
- Undertake investigations and inspection to identify solutions and suggest appropriate analytical techniques and provide the related reporting
- Provision of training in line with CDM needs for the extended service
Key benefits of the role include:
- A great opportunity to develop a leading role within the business
- A varied and wide ranging remit within the business which will allow great development opportunities
- A challenging environment
- Competitive salary and benefits package
To apply for the role you will need :
- Excellent demonstrable knowledge of CDM
- Good working knowledge of Highways construction standards and the NEC3 suite of contracts and conditions
- Local Government Authority experience
This role is a fantastic opportunity for an individual who has extensive site experience and thorough knowledge of NEC3.
And you couldn't be looking to join us at a better time, Opus is going from strength to strength in the UK and top it all we have just been voted the Number One engineering consultancy in the UK! We were awarded Company of the Year at the NCE100 Awards 2016. The awarding of this accolade was based on key competencies which the NCE considered most valuable with Opus ranked in the top 10 in each pillar during the assessment stage. This played a large part in Opus being named Company of the Year.
At Opus we attract and retain talented people through competitive remuneration and rewarding performance. We offer a flexible benefits programme via Opus - Flex that allows you to structure your remuneration package to suit your lifestyle. Further details on the benefits we offer can be found on the attachment at the foot of this page.
If you are keen to develop a long term career with a growing global organisation, please apply below or for more information on the career opportunities with Opus please visit the careers section of our website:
Opus is committed to a workplace that embraces equal employment opportunity & diversity. We are dedicated to creating and sustaining a professional and respectful work environment which supports mutual trust and assists each individual to reach their full potential - we therefore welcome applications from those who want part-time hours or job share opportunities.