Health and Safety Advisor
Health & Safety graduate, site based. Limehouse, 18 months. Residential new build, Commercial refurbishment. £175-200/shift neg. Ideally H&S Degree or NEBOSH. To work with the site based Project Manager overseeing the H&S aspects of the project.
Company. Health & Safety Advisors are site based for this established Contractor. A Health & Safety related degree is generally considered the minimum requirement, though good construction understanding is vitally important. Company projects range from RC new build schemes to 750 units; through to refurbishment schemes of 150-240 units to fit out and handover. Schemes, reach up to 45 storeys. You will be working with site personnel to promote Health & Safety.
Main scope of this role:
- Working with the Project Manager to co-ordinate, support and advise the Site Teams on all aspects with regards to Health and Safety. To manage and monitor standards, processes, communications, training and systems to ensure all responsibilities associated with Health and Safety are adhered to.
Role responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensure that all Health & Safety policies, procedures, rules and regulations are adhered to and are regularly reviewed, updated and communicated
- Ensure a safe workplace environment without risk to health
- Carry out risk assessments, considering how risks could be reduced
- Outline safe operational procedures which identify and take account of all relevant hazards
- Review sub-contractors RAMS for compliance to company requirements
- Carry out regular site inspections to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented
- Co-ordinate fire drills
- Make changes to working practices that are safe and comply with legislation
- Assist in preparing health and safety strategies and developing internal policy
- Keep records of inspection findings and producing reports that suggest improvements
- Ensure that all accidents are documented, investigated and recommended improvements implemented
- Keep up to date with new legislation and maintain a working knowledge of all Health and Safety Executive (HSE) legislation and any developments that affect the company
- Assist in managing and organising the safe disposal of hazardous substances
- Participate in weekly/monthly meetings when required to report on relevant health & safety matters
- Ensure that all agreed action points are completed within deadlines
- Any other reasonable duties
Qualifications & Experience:
- Degree in health and safety or risk management, or equivalent
- Confidential in all matters
- Professional approach, coupled with strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent planning, organizational and time management skills
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills
- Strong IT skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to work in, and adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to work co-operatively with others to complete tasks and implement process improvements
Salary and Package:
£175-200 per shift, based on experience and qualifications. Limehouse
Candidates outside this rate bracket may well be considered, if suitably qualified.
Must be legally entitled to live and work in the UK
Apply for Health and Safety Advisor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly