Cobalt are currently working with a well known main contractor who have an exciting opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor to join our client on a new build project in Wiltshire. This is an excellent opportunity that offers real career progression in an expanding part of their business.
The role will be primarily residential based. There may also be the opportunity to work on education and healthcare schemes in the future.
You will be responsible for:
- Financial cost control of current contracts
- Financial reporting of current contracts
- Improving financial return of current contracts
- Delegation and mentoring junior staff
- Cost Control of building contracts
- Cost advise to Contracts Managers
- Purchasing and negotiating Sub Contract orders
- Paying and monitoring Subcontractor progress
- Cost reporting and forecasting out turn costs
- Client Liaison and Value forecasting for Client Team
- Maximise monthly cash flows
- Maximising contract Value
- Maximising profit
- Recognised qualifications, HNC minimum (or related), backed by strong experience in a similar position.
- Strong previous experience as a quantity surveyor.
- Numerate, organised, analytical and good leadership skills.
If you are currently looking for a new position, and want to work for an exiting and well established business then please apply below.