Improvements Engineer (highways)
Our client is a multidisciplinary consultancy focussing on highways maintenance.
The Improvements Engineer will be engaged in the development of safety and integration improvement schemes. The role is in the improvements team, identifying improvement needs and undertaking the development of safety and integration schemes.
- Working in accordance with the Integrated Business Management System, ensuring all scheme development follows the relevant processes and procedures
- Identifying improvement needs and entering these onto the business asset need management system
- Initial development and preliminary design of schemes including drawings, reports and calculations, in accordance with Highways England standards including the DMRB, IANs, MCHW
- Assist the Improvements Lead in the preparation of improvement schemes for technical and scoring continuous value management workshops in accordance with the requirements of the latest revision of Highways England's Project Control Framework
- Carry our Road Safety Auditor duties
- Fully implement and perform all aspects of the job role in accordance with the relevant Lean Competency Pathway and Lean Philosophy.
Degree level in Civil Engineering or equivalent
HND/HNC level in engineering or equivalent
Valid UK driving license
Data collection and analysis, report writing and provision of data within an asset improvement background
Satisfies the minimum CPD requirements of HD19 Road Safety Audit and able to carry out Road Safety Audits
Ability to use either Accident Databases or traffic modelling software
Good understanding of one of either safety or RIS with an understanding of accessibility & integration
Good understanding of Highways England DMRB, CVM processes, ASC contracts and H & S legislation
Experience working with HE standards, systems and objectives to identify improvement schemes
Preparation of improvemtn value management and scheme identification studies and project development forms
Experince of presenting at CVM, value engineering and risk workshops
Experience of Road Safety Audits
Experience of improvements in a MAC / ASC environment