Your new company
A leading Scotland wide organisation seek a planner to work from their Inverness office.
Your new role
- Ensure Project Documents portal is used as document management system
- Work with the Project Managers to convert Tender Programmes to Delivery Programmes
- Project Governance Reports
- Update every live project each month with Project Manager e.g. Progress against baseline. Note: Changes to the fundamental baseline can only proceed following discussion with the Senior Planner or the Programme Manager
- Update every live project/solution with actual costs every month
- Provide Project Manager's with PDF updates of project programmes
- Work with Project Manager's to develop realistic action plans to recover slippage
- Be aware of the need to satisfy customer requirements with the aim of enhancing the customers' perception and satisfaction. Particular care is need with completion and commissioning activities.
- Provide support, as and when required, with the provision of plans and methodologies at tender stage. To show we have a thorough understanding of the project
- Provide detailed and resourced contract programmes and regular progress reporting thereon
- Promote presentations and meetings as and when required
- Continually look for new or innovative construction, planning and reporting techniques and advise of any applications showing the possibility of benefits to keep the business at the fore front of performance, delivery and technology
- As required, visit sites to ascertain conditions and constraints to be taken into account in preparing tender programmes and method statements to show we have a thorough understanding of the project
- Work with and co-ordinate with the Field Planner to provide the Project Managers with an excellent planning service.
What you'll need to succeed
Experience as a planner in a construction, water or utility environment. Qualification in project management, planning, or construction management
What you'll get in return
A highly competitive salary and excellent bonuses
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career