Quantity Surveyor - Birmingham
Quantity Surveyor - Main Contractor ; Commercial New Build
Your new company
My client who are a nationally based, award winning Building Contractor require a site based, articulate & enthusiastic Quantity Surveyor to join their team on a permanent basis. They have acquired a flagship new build project of a multi storey hotel and conference centre in the West Midlands, which is valued at £45m and will be for roughly 3 years.
Your new role
- Review Commercial Risk, Value Management and Cost Control paperwork.
- Commercial management of subcontractors.
- To authorise the placement of contracts, subcontracts materials and plant orders.
- A sound working knowledge of various forms of contracts including NEC & JCT.
- Knowledge of construction & contract law and various forms of conditions of contract
- Manage time & workloads for yourself & any "reports" in a structured manner
- Provide commercial advice to the site team in connection with all project issues
- Deal with change management including adherence to the Programme "established approach"
- Take part in meetings & discussions regarding project performance & to provide commercial input into project strategy
- Produce monthly cost, valuation and cash flow reports.
- Attend and provide input at start up and close out meetings.
- Monitor cost of site resources.
- Maintain effective communications with project management.
- o Provide advice on any contractual claims
- o Understanding the implications of Health & Safety Regulations
What you'll need to succeed
- Have at least 3 years recent experience as a QS with a main contractor.
- Possess excellent mathematical & accounting skills, be analytic, organised, confident, self motivated, be computer literate and be able to work individually or as part of a busy team.
- Be able to read architectural drawings and have an appreciation of construction processes.
- Enhanced knowledge of construction procedures and work methods.
- Complies with and helps to enforce standard policies and procedures.
- Be well presented and customer focused, a good command of the English language and good telephone manner is required.
Essential Criteria :
- Quantity Surveyors BSc (hons) Degree (or equivalent qualification)
- CSCS Card (relevant to your trade)
The successful applicant must be prepared to work to strict deadlines, have the ability to prioritise their work in a professional manner and have an enthusiastic attitude towards their role in the Company.
What you'll get in return
As well as a highly competitive salary plus benefits, a chance to provide vital commercial assistance on an exciting flagship project and be part of a personable, close knit company who thrive on recognising success.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call George Ashwell now on 0121 212 2086.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.