Multi Trades / Customer Service Technician
We require a Multi Trades / Customer Service Technician for our client which is a well-known, leading residential developer which works across a range of high end apartments and mixed use residential and they have a history of creating well designed sustainable communities. They have been delivering schemes of varying size and scale, from small housing-led residential developments to larger urban regeneration schemes and Garden Villages. You will be working for a company that has seen a 20% rise in turnover and profits since last year. They are urgently looking for a Multi Trades / Customer Service Technician to join their team.
Main Purpose of Job – Multi Trades / Customer Service Technician
Carry out a variety of remedial works within dwellings, correcting faulty workmanship or replacing faulty materials and to ensure that all remedial works which the company has accepted to deal with are completed in a good workmanlike manner, to the satisfaction of the customer and the company.
Principle Duties or Responsibilities
- Receive works instructions and telephone the occupier during working hours to reconfirm appointment with 24 hours’ notice.
- Ensure allocated replacement materials are available on the van in advance of attending the appointment.
- Present yourself in a tidy manner at the appointed time, when delayed, you must contact the customer to advise, and inform the Customer Service Coordinator.
- Look after your uniform and wear your overall where appropriate to protect your work wear. It is your responsibility to let your Line Manager know when you require more uniforms and overalls.
- Ensure protection of property is effectively carried out prior to conducting remedial works, leaving the areas clean and tidy upon completion.
- Carry out the following remedial works in a professional and workmanlike manner including: Painting, Mastic Replacement, Wall Tiling, Carpentry work such as easing doors, creaking floors etc, Paving slab adjustment, Plaster repairs and Kitchen unit adjustments
- Provide the Customer Service Manager with regular progress reports and keep him/her appraised of any problems arising from works undertaken.
- Call Customer Service Manager at the end of appointments before finishing for the day.
- Keep van clean and tidy and maintain adequate levels of van stock consumable items.
- Ensure trade tools are looked after and maintained to provide a safe and effective working environment. Inform Customer Service Manager of any breakages or losses. High value tolls should be kept in a lockable storage area of the van.
- Complete Health and Safety Inspection Form weekly and submit monthly to the Customer Service Executive.
- All work is to be carried out in accordance with the company site health and safety policy.
- Obtain customer signatory if they are at home to confirm their satisfaction with completed works. Return the completed works instruction to the Customer Service Coordinator.
- Complete and return to Customer Service Manager weekly time sheets.
- The role of the maintenance operative within the structure of the Customer Service Department is a key position which carry’s high customer expectations.
- Customer’s expectations often vary, however, our service must be consistent with the high quality demanded by the product the Company builds.
- The ability to take ownership of every task assigned will be paramount to the effectiveness of the position. An honest approach to the job coupled with high skill levels to enable successful achievement of assigned remedial works will be essential.
- This job description is not a definitive list of duties, but outlines the main areas of accountability within the position. The jobholder may be asked to undertake other duties involved in meeting business requirements.
If you find that you have the key skills for this amazing opportunity, then please don’t hesitate to apply with an up to date CV.