Temporary and Permanent Works Design Engineer
Temporary and Permanent Works Design Engineer- Structural Engineering
Salary up to £33,000
Are you a Temporary works Engineer?
Do you have a clear understanding of construction methodology and design principles with specific reference to Temporary works? Are you interested in working on a mix of Residential and Commercial projects?
Our client is a successful, rapidly expanding, award winning structural engineering consultancy based in South West London. The company is actively growing its temporary works department and is looking for motivated and enthusiastic people to come on board. The role will include the design of both temporary works and permanent works.
Responsibilities of this Temporary and Permanent works Design Engineer will include:
- Providing temporary and permanent works design schemes for varied projects.
- Ensuring all designs adhere to the latest codes of practice, UK regulations and Company policies.
- Apply engineering knowledge to analyse the structural integrity of permanent and temporary works structures.
- Assess and design-out hazards where possible within the design process and propose effective control measures for the reduction and elimination of risk.
- Conduct site surveys, collect and assess site information, liaise with clients and site teams, as well as represent the Company at design and site meetings.
- Contribute to winning work by providing strong technical support to tenders by identifying innovative and cost effective strategies and design solutions.
The successful Temporary and Permanent works Design Engineer will have;
- BEng/MEng in Civil or Structural Engineering.
- Ability to compile method statements and other documentation for formal submission.
- Understanding of construction methodology and design principles with specific reference to Temporary Works.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to liaise with colleagues / external parties at all levels.
- Self-motivated and resilient with the ability to operate independently where required.
Our client is offering a competitive starting salary plus flexible benefits package tailored to suit candidate lifestyle.
Interested? Please call MIKAELA on 01792 341104 or email your CV to Mikaela.Rabaiotti@penguinrecruitment