Senior Project Manager (Team Leader), Estates Office
The Estates Office is seeking a Senior Project Manager for the Estates Office to lead, direct and manage a project delivery team within the planning and development division.
Taking responsibility for the efficient and timely delivery of projects from inception to completion, the individual will support the delivery of the Estates Strategy and related business objectives for the University.
The University of Warwick is one of the UK’s leading universities with a reputation for excellence in its research and teaching. It is a dynamic and innovative organisation that provides a fertile environment for a rewarding career, playing an active part in delivering the University’s mission to establish itself as a world leader in research and teaching.
The Senior Project Manager will be responsible for all areas of project delivery including financial control, establishing a project team, leading the selection, appointment, instruction and management of external consultants, as well as managing the input of in-house design and operational teams on a project level. In addition, the Senior Project Manager will be responsible for:
- Reviewing drawings and specifications for tender and contract documentation
- Managing large, composite project and programme budgets in close liaison with the Finance and Procurement departments to ensure all projects and programmes are delivered within approved budget parameters
- Liaising with the Purchasing department during the procurement process
- Carrying out contract administration including financial management and settlement of final accounts
- Managing the University’s internal Project Progressing Committee process for individual projects and carrying out timely and effective management reporting
- Preparing Planning and Building Control submissions, together with the discharge of other statutory and legislative requirements including the duties of Client arising from the CDM Regulations
- Co-ordinating and disseminating information to all necessary parties, ensuring all Health and Safety at Work (HASAW) regulations are fully complied with (CDM, COSHH etc.)
- In collaboration with the Estates Design Manager, ensuring the Post Project Review process is completed for all relevant capital and other major projects in accordance with HEFCE and HEQDF guidance
Communication will be a key element of this post, with the post-holder liaising and negotiating with all parties involved ensuring value for money and regularly updating stakeholders and senior management. In addition to managing the project delivery team, the appointee will act in the role of Faculty Liaison Officer. Dedicated to one or more of the Faculties or Departments of the University, the post holder will be expected to advise the Faculty at a strategic level on their future plans and proposals, which will be communicated at a senior level within the University ensuring these plans are reflected in Financial and Strategic Plans.
The successful appointee will possess a construction related first degree or equivalent professional qualification in Surveying, Architecture, Engineering or Project Management along with a professional membership of an appropriate professional body (e.g. RICS, MCIOB, RIBA, CIBSE, ICE, APM). The post-holder will also have extensive post qualification experience of managing projects and/or portfolios of projects preferably in a multi disciplinary environment and ideally will have a working knowledge of project delivery in the Higher Education sector.
The individual will have demonstrable experience of construction contracts, procurement, construction legislation, health and safety management, building design and specification (including NBS), cost management and value engineering