M&E Site Manager
Your new role
The primary purpose of the Site Managers role within the UK business unit is to:
- Support the Project Manager in taking ownership and leadership of any project and ensure their successful delivery against defined criteria of time, cost, quality and benefits realisation
- Support the planning phase through to closure of technical and non-technical project work, of all sizes and scale, on site
- Maintain the progress of business and technical tasks in such a way that minimises the risks of delay/failure whilst maximising benefit and restricting cost
- With the guidance of the Project Manager to direct contractors on site
Dimensions of Job: Will report direct to the Project Manager, and will be expected (at times) to influence other colleagues (including management levels), in particular managing and directing the contractors during the various phases of any project (In the context of supporting the Project Manager, the individual should)
- Primarily be based in Southampton. Occasional travel for short periods to other sites as well as clients or 3rd party suppliers in UK/Europe, may be required
- Internal: Daily interaction within contractors and the project team to provide leadership and guidance on progression of tasks and resolution of issues on site.
- External: Establish contact with, then direct and control 3rd party relationships as dictated by project demands
What you'll need to succeed
- Having worked on site previously and managed contractors or direct staff. .
- Likely to be a professional with extensive experience across a range of construction disciplines.
- Should have a strong safety culture.
- Working within a team and managing small contracts.
- Worked within the construction industry.
- Experience of dealing with multiple stakeholders and clients.
- Expected to be educated to A-level standard and ideally educated to degree level or equivalent but not essential, excellent writing/communication skills are very important in this role
- Site Management - SMSTS, CSCS card holder and or NSWA certified. .
- Chartered membership of a recognised professional body.
What you'll get in return
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for M&E Site Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly