Group Reinvestment Surveying Manager
A Surveying Manager job in Chippenham paying £43k+ Car allowance working for a well run and growing company.
Your new company
My client is a market leader in their field and is looking for a Group Surveying Manager to join them on an initial 6 month contract.
Your new role
The primary functions of this strategic role are to manage the delivery of the affordable warmth programme, non-gas service contracts, stock condition survey programme, and estate services across Group. This is a key asset management role with specific overall requirements to deliver regulatory and health and safety compliance and risk management for projects including; legionella, fire risk, emergency lighting and alarms, lifts, radon, electrical testing, PRC's, HHSRS and decent homes. The role is responsible for ensuring services meet operational and regulatory targets, provide value for money, and involve customers and staff in continually improving service delivery.
What you'll need to succeed
- Lead and motivate the team to deliver great customer services, and implement a culture of continually challenging and improving service delivery to meet expectations.
- Responsible for ensuring non-gas servicing projects are undertaken across the Group in a coordinated and efficient manner and meet current legislation and regulation and manage risk.
- Responsible for the implementation of the affordable warmth programme, energy improvements and energy management.
- Responsible for the stock condition cyclical survey inspection programme.
- Responsible for the provision of caretaking and estate management services including contractors and outside agencies.
- Coordinate cross departmental working particularly with Housing, Development, Sheltered, Supported and Health and Safety to ensure Asset Management policies and procedures are applied.
- Monitor benchmarking information for services against other providers and report performance.
- Contribute to the formulation and review of strategies, policies, service levels and standards to ensure decision making supports the effective delivery and achievement of business objectives. Responsible for the implementation, monitoring and review of service levels, standards and policies in area of operation.
- Manage and co-ordinate the energy teams involvement with strategic asset review implementation work.
- Ensure all health and safety and CDM requirements are fulfilled and implemented.
- Provide direction to the team on the Corporate Plan and Business Plan objectives through the formulation of a Team Plan.
- Ensure the service meets overall KPI's for its main areas of work including; budget, progress against target, customer satisfaction, value for money, timeliness and audit.
- Ensure work and service programmes are updated and communicated internally and externally as required.
- Ensure mobile working solutions are fully integrated and utilised, the housing management system is updated with all information about progress, status and completion of works.
- Ensure Arc Asset is updated with all stock condition, energy, electrical, HHSRS and radon information.
- Work closely with the GIS Team to ensure data is accurate, carry out timely validation exercises, and assist with external audit and validation of stock condition data.
- Ensure any customer complaints identified are responded to under the local resolution framework or formal procedure as applicable.
- Monitor customer satisfaction closely and ensure where performance has not met targets appropriate action is taken to address and improve service delivery.
What you'll get in return
Paying a very competitive salary, plus car allowance, this is a great opportunity for a Surveying Manager looking for their next contract.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.