Design Managers required for New Build Residential projects - £65k
Design Coordinator / Manager – Residential Contractor
Seeking Design Coordinator / Managers x 3 for new build residential projects in;
Hackney - 75 units (£17m) / Islington - 25 units (£9m) / Barnet - 132 units (£30m)
About the Client: SSA are recruiting on behalf of a leading contractor for construction, development and refurbishment based in The London area. Established for fifty years they have a solid track record with many leading Public Sector and Social Housing clients as well as numerous private and commercial organisations.
About the Role:
Reporting to the Technical Director in the Design & Build Department, the role is to:
- Manage the design process for traditional and design and build contracts.
- Act as the primary contact for the design teams, client and production teams.
- Advise on cost effectiveness of alternative methods of construction.
- Co-ordinate the design information supplied to our construction division.
- Manage compliance checks against specification and client requirements.
- Manage design output to agreed programmes. Liaise with Local Authorities, Building Control and Planning Departments.
About the Requirements:
- Substantial professional background in either architectural or structural engineering (with stable employment with the same company/group for three or more years).
- Substantial experience of new build residential projects.
- A good working knowledge of AutoCAD 2000.
- A good working knowledge of NHBC and building regulations.
- A good appreciation of building services.
- Minimum qualification as an architectural or structural technician.
- A good understanding of CSH, BREEAM.
- Good team leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Must be a team player to be part of a very dynamic project based construction company.
- No freelancers/job hoppers will be considered.
- Professional qualifications and/or institute membership desirable.
- Ability to provide good references.
- Clean, smart appearance.
About the Benefits:
- Private Healthcare
- Car Allowance/Business Mileage
- 26 days annual leave
If you are interested in this role, please contact email@example.com