Highways Technical Director
6 days left
- Job Type
Highways Technical Director
Progressive. Dynamic. Delivery Focused. Leader.
Statements which describe our client well and equally the individual they are currently seeking to join them in a prominent position in their Birmingham office.
First up, who are we?
HeadNorth Consulting are a boutique search and selection company with a track record in the delivery of mid-senior/executive appointments within the Transportation & Infrastructure sector in the UK.
Our business managers and consultants have worked in the sector for 15 years+ and work in partnership with leadership within a number of leading consultants and contractors.
Are a well-known name in the engineering consulting arena with an enviable project portfolio and reputation for excellence. Their portfolio of work is impressive and has grown significantly over the last 12-18 months and as a result of expansion, they are currently seeking an experienced business unit director to join their team in a senior leadership position to assist in the future development and growth milestones.
This role involves:
- Manage the business for a key region in the delivery of large scale contracts
- Build and delivery regional strategy / focus
- Act as the key point of contact on existing major projects
- Provide support in an engineering management and project delivery capacity
- Leading a large and growing team
- Working with clients and JV partners in the delivery of large contracts
- Providing business management / development and strategy execution support
- Delivery of commercial support from bids/tenders through to close out
- Representing the region with the UK leadership team as a key part of the senior management team
To be considered you will:
- Have working within a senior level leadership / management capacity within a growing highways / roads environment
- Be a chartered engineer with extensive engineering and people management skills / expertise
- Have significant commercial and contracts management exposure
- Have proven experience of project delivery from front end engineering to project/site execution
- Be adept in the management and development of large teams
- Be comfortable in the negotiation with client representatives
- Be committed to delivery in a safe, compliant and efficient manner
This is a senior leadership position to manage an enormous portfolio of work.
- Control: Our client are looking for a proven leader to take responsibility for the technical, management, commercial and development of a thriving business
- Flagship Projects: Huge profile / some of the most well-known projects in the industry
- Continued Professional Development: Our client have among the best CPD programmes in the consultancy sector
- Excellent Salary and Benefits: Based on experience, qualification and level – contact us
- People Orientated Culture: Investors in People, we frequently receive excellent feedback on this ambitious but people focused company
- International Backdrop: Our client are in a position to support longer term international mobility if this is appealing to their employees long term
- Culture: One of performance recognition where employees are treated as individuals rather than a number.
Our client are in a position to offer the successful individual an exciting, fast paced and rewarding career.
They are looking to interview imminently and therefore it is expected that this will move swiftly.
Don’t miss out, please contact us now for more information in confidence.
Apply for Highways Technical Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly