Senior Quantity Surveyor - BAM Nuttall - South West
Senior Quantity Surveyor - Clevedon, Somerset
We currently require a Senior QS to join our South West Geotechnical Division based out of office in Clevedon and working on projects throughout the South West area.
Your duties will include:
• Assist in staff matters which may include: attitude and behavioural issues, competency, retainment and staff allocation to meet a project's need.
• Manage, supervise, mentor and train your “reports” within the commercial structure.
• Carry out staff performance and development reviews and assist in the operation of the commercial training programme.
• Provide and control strategy of commercial contacts with client's representatives.
• Provide commercial contact with supply chain partners through pre-contract meetings, contract vetting and input to subcontract documents.
• Commercial management of subcontractors including processing payments, obtaining final account agreements, and resolving disputed issues by negotiation, if appropriate.
• Monitor the timely production of reliable cost performance data.
• Produce and present monthly / quarterly reports.
• Initiate discussions concerning project performance and provide commercial input to project strategy.
• Understand and ensure compliance with Company Procedures. Provide input into drafting new or to improve existing Procedures.
• Be responsible for change management including ensuring adherence to the programme ‘established approach'.
• Be responsible for the timely production of appropriate levels of applications for payments in accordance with the provisions of the conditions of contract.
• Provide commercial advice to the site team, and management on all contractual issues.
• Attend and provide input to all site commercial meetings.
• Produce the financial assessment of insurance claims with insurer's representatives.
• Manage time and workloads for yourself and your commercial team.
• Assist in the defining and delivery of commercial training to all site staff.
• To the standard of Member of CICES or RICS.
• Successful experience at Quantity Surveyor level.
• Evidence of involvement in and understanding of construction law and contractual terms in all standard contract forms.
Competitive salary and benefits.
BAM Nuttall is focused on providing the highest professional standards in the civil engineering market, with emphasis on building strong, honest and long lasting relationships with satisfied customers.
We have established an unrivalled reputation for delivering complex and challenging civil engineering projects that have played a significant role in shaping the infrastructure of modern Britain.
required to work within South West England regionRecommend this vacancy to a friend