Project Planning Manager - BAM Nuttall - South West
Project Planning Manager - Major Projects - West Somerset.
BAM Nuttall is one of the UK's leading civil engineering contractors employing over 3000 staff nationwide. We are currently recruiting for a Project Planning Manager to join our Major Projects team on three year Enabling Works Contract at the site of the new Nuclear Power Station at Hinkley Point.
Your key activities will include:
• Manage the development of detail within the existing programme.
• Manage change, and the monitoring and review of progress within the working programme.
• Resource and cost load programmes, and coach / support others.
• Introduce and evaluate risk in programmes, and coach / support others.
• Manage the production and communication of programme information in a variety of forms, using routine and bespoke programme outputs, and coach / support others.
• Establish & maintain internal/external project controls reporting, and coach others.
• Undertake checks for programme robustness, and coach / support others.
• Maintain awareness of latest construction techniques, and coach / support others.
• Coach and mentor others in use of planning software, principally P6.
• Manage the use of short term programmes.
• Manage the evaluation of supply chain programmes.
• Undertake analytical assessment of programmes, and coach / support others.
• Comply with business procedures and systems, and coach / support others.
• Facilitate effective working relationships and influence decision making.
• Manage the collection and distribution of feedback.
• Develop and manage 4D programmes, and coach / support others.
• Prepare internal reports.
• Contribute to the preparation and delivery of training.
• Undertake entitlement analysis.
• Undertake planning audits and peer reviews.
• Support recruitment and manage staff development.
Your qualifications and experience will include:
• Successful experience as a Senior Project Planning Engineer, on a range of projects.
• ICE Chartered level or equivalent (preferred); additional qualifications in planning desirable.
• A broad experience of a wide range of civil engineering construction, with a good knowledge of construction methods and typical production rates and a sound commercial understanding.
• A demonstrable contractual understanding, particularly of the NEC form of contract.
• Proven skills in planning software, principally P6, with the ability to lead a planning team working in a P6 Enterprise environment and to produce and manage comprehensive, robust programmes; the ability to use ChainLink, Tilos, PRA and 4D software will also be an advantage.
• A thorough experience and understanding of programming techniques.
• The ability to communicate effectively at all levels, and experience in coaching others.
• The ability to work to defined, often challenging, timescales.
BAM Nuttall is focused on providing the highest professional standards in the civil engineering market, with emphasis on building strong, honest and long lasting relationships with satisfied customers. We have established an unrivalled reputation for delivering complex and challenging civil engineering projects that have played a significant role in shaping the infrastructure of modern Britain.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality of opportunity in all its employment practices, and to developing policies that support work-life balance.