Surveyor Manager - BAM Nuttall - South West
7 days left
Survey Manager - North Somerset.
BAM Nuttall and our JV Partner have a £200m contract to provide the enabling works for Hinkley Point C new nuclear power station which is a project to construct a 3,200 MWe nuclear power station with two European Pressurised Reactors. The enabling works includes substantial excavation of over 5.5million cubic meters of material, large scale earthworks, complex terracing structures and the creation of an expansive road network. The role is to provide survey support to the project.
• Set a personal example in health, safety and environmental matters by ensuring compliance with company policies and procedures through method statements, risk assessments and briefings.
• Manage, supervise and mentor section, site and assistant engineers and surveyors to ensure high levels of engineering / survey control and generation of appropriate records.
• Monitor the work under your control to ensure that any unsafe work conditions and non-compliance with company policies and procedures are promptly remedied.
• Adopt and promote a cost-conscious attitude through efficient use of company resources.
• Support the agent as required in operating the cost management system and the production of programmes.
• Communicate with commercial staff to ensure all records for measurement and payment purposes are prepared promptly, in appropriate form.
• Review with the agent regularly the performance, development and training needs of subordinate staff, including underperformance or potential resignations.
• Use weekly internal progress meetings to communicate with all levels of the team.
• Establish close working relationship with general foreman and engineering management to ensure cost-effective use of resources.
• Provision, maintenance & adjustment of Primary Survey Control Networks.
• Scanning (instrumentation/software).
• Track surveys and alignment.
• Surveying within tunnelling environment (SCL & TBM), including alignment control and convergence monitoring.
• Ground Settlement Monitoring (automatic & manual systems) including reporting of data.
BAM Nuttall is focused on providing the highest professional standards in the civil engineering market, with emphasis on building strong, honest and long lasting relationships with satisfied customers.
We have established an unrivalled reputation for delivering complex and challenging civil engineering projects that have played a significant role in shaping the infrastructure of modern Britain.