Estimator - BAM Nuttall - North West
Estimator - Warrington.
Our Rail Division is currently preparing for an exciting and developing future in the Rail Sector with major investment proposed in the national railway infrastructure. We are seeking to recruit a candidate to join our bidding team to fulfil the role of Estimator. This position will be based in our Rail Office in Warrington, and may be suitable for flexible working or job sharing.
Your Key Activities include:
• To provide properly considered cost estimates for review and then submission; undertaking tenders of most work types and up to £5m.
• Co-ordinate with other technical services departments.
• Give direction to administrative and clerical staff.
• Liaise with clients, consultants, quantity surveyors, and other third parties.
• Organise appropriate tender enquiries.
• Administer correspondence and tender documents.
• Supervision of tender submission.
• Collect and distribute of feedback.
• Hand over tender files to project team.
• Investigate cost effective and/or alternative solutions.
• Oversee data entry onto estimating software.
• Organise start up, mid bid, and review meetings.
• Prepare tender summary and costed risk registers.
• Comply with BAM Nuttall procedures.
• Maintain awareness of latest techniques.
• Carry out other relevant duties as required from time to time.
Your qualifications and experience will include:
• HNC or degree.
• Membership of a professional institution.
• Site experience culminating at Sub-Agent level.
• Previous experience in Civil Engineering estimating required.
• Experience in Railway Environment preferred but not essential.
BAM Nuttall is focused on providing the highest professional standards in the civil engineering market, with emphasis on building strong, honest and long lasting relationships with satisfied customers. We have established an unrivalled reputation for delivering complex and challenging civil engineering projects that have played a significant role in shaping the infrastructure of modern Britain.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality of opportunity in all its employment practices, and to developing policies that support work-life balance.