Senior Quantity Surveyor
Project Quantity Surveyor role with expanding builder working on £8.5 million mix use new build.
Senior Quantity Surveyor role with a builder who values specialises in a niche and bespoke market delivering premium properties across the South. This is a project Quantity Surveyor (Site based) role and is offering a competitive basic up to £65,000 with a generous employment package.
Your New Company:
Founded over 15 years ago this bespoke developer has successfully built across Hampshire & Dorset specialising in the delivery of premium residential living and commercial units. Valuing the end client within their target market a typical development is 50 - 100 units and can involve numerous build types (traditional, timber & RC frame) ranging from £5 - 12 million in value. All developments are finished to the highest quality to suit the wealthier and bespoke market.
Your New Role:
As a Senior Project Surveyor within the business you will tasked with a managing a multiple phase mixed use development consisting of new build residential apartments and commercial units. The first phase on the project is £8.5 million in total. Your key responsibilities will involve:
- Managing all costs relating to a Construction, from the initial feasibility and budget completion, to final accounts.
- Manage your own profit and loss and be jointly accountable for accurate and timely financial reporting alongside the Project Manager.
- Negotiate and lead meetings with Contractors / Sub-contractors to secure the most cost effective arrangement.
- Minimise the costs of a project and enhance value for money, while still achieving the required standards and quality.
- Work closely with the Project Manager and report to the Managing Director and Chief Financial Officer regarding performance risk, value management and cost control accuracy at all stages of the project from inception to completion.
- Ensure that all activities relating to the project are delivered to the agreed programme, budget and performance specifications.
- Prepare tender and contract documents.
What you'll need to succeed:
You will need to be an experienced Quantity Surveyor who has managed similar size / value project's within the Residential and Commercial sectors of new build construction. An in-depth knowledge Project and Budget Management, Construction Procurement and Collaborative / Partnership working. A good communicator with the ability to be based on site and hands on with the project. Express a knowledge, understanding and appreciation of construction costs, measurement techniques and budget creation processes for Board approval. You must also have HNC or degree in relevant Construction field.
What you'll get in return:
In return you will receive a competitive basic up to £65,000 + 20 days basic holiday, pension scheme, company reward scheme benefits, personal incentive scheme after 3 months as well as other package benefits.
What to do Next:
If you're interested in this role, please click "apply now" to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new job within the Construction Industry, please contact your local Hays office for a confidential discussion on your career.