Health & Safety Manager - Leeds - £40k - £50k
7 days left
Our client is a successful and growing Design & Build Fit Out company in the Yorkshire area.
Due to a full order book and future growth plans they are recruiting a Health and Safety Manager. The projects are based generally based around the Yorkshire and Midlands area but some can be further afield so travel would be required as visiting all the company’s projects would be required.
The company mostly work within the residential, commercial and education sectors. This is an exciting opportunity to join a progressive D&B Fit Out company with ambitious growth plans over the next five years.
Although by no means an exhaustive list, the following will skills and experience will be expected of the successful candidate:
- Develop, implement and manage all health and safety related matters within the company.
- Further develop and systemise the health and safety management system to ensure procedures and systems are in place in compliance with current legislation and best practice.
- Develop and standardise risk assessment and method statement procedures throughout the company and provide advice and assistance when necessary to site management on adequacy of sub-contractor submitted health and safety documentation.
- Develop and implement both office and site based staff health and safety training programmes.
- Produce site health and safety documentation including construction phase plans, fire risk assessments and plans for new projects, and submit F10 notifications to the HSE.
- Provide health and safety advice and assistance to the site management teams and undertake site inspections on a regular basis (at least once a month) for projects throughout the UK and provide written compliance reports for submission to the site teams and clients where applicable.
- Provide up to date information on new or revised legislation, approved codes of practice and industry guidance in the form or regular health and safety bulletins.
- Record, investigate and monitor all accidents, incidents and near misses throughout the company and follow up and report on all corrective actions.
- Provide written reports to the senior management team on health and safety statistics.
- Work with the marketing department to promote good health and safety practice on social media including the company web site in order to raise the profile of our client to their clients and wider community.
- Applicants would ideally have Grad IOSH or higher, NEBOSH Dip.
This role will include travel to all sites – generally in the Yorkshire, North East and Midlands, although occasional projects outside this area and regular visits to head office based in Leeds.
If you feel that you have the relevant qualifications and skills for this Health and Safety Manager position, and you live within commutable distance of Leeds, then please apply now.
Apply for Health & Safety Manager - Leeds - £40k - £50k
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly