Health & Safety Manager
Our client is a leading infrastructure contractor, and looking for a Health & Safety Manager to oversee all health & safety matters relating to one of their large Utilities frameworks
Our client is a leading Infrastructure contractor, working across Civil Engineering, Rail, Telecoms, Construction, and FM
To develop strategies and pro-actively deliver, and wherever possible exceed, the agreed quality, occupational health and safety objectives of the Business Group / Unit by:
- Providing professional quality and compliance advice to management and employees
- Delivering Business Group / Unit occupational health and safety strategy
- Managing and maintaining the Integrated Management System
- Auditing of implementation by the business
- Implementing business strategies that will improve Business Group / Unit quality, health and safety performance to ensure that the business is seen as a leader in the field
- Implementing quality, health & safety policies and objectives by raising awareness, monitoring performance and reporting key issues and statistical data to business senior management
- Advising management on compliance issues, health & safety matters and industry best practice
- Developing and implementing local and plc wide initiatives designed to improve compliance performance and bring about cultural change
- Facilitating external accreditation bodies
- Raising awareness in the business through the planning and delivery of training in line with the annual training plan
- Monitoring business performance by undertaking audits, monitoring inspection reports and other project generated information and producing reports for both senior and local management
- Undertaking accident and incident investigations to establish the cause and make recommendations to prevent recurrence
Essential: NEBOSH Level 6 Diploma or equivalent (or working towards).
Essential: CMIOSH (or workings towards).
Essential: Experience of working within construction, utilities, or infrastructure environment.
£40000 to £50000 + car + benefits