Utilities Contracts Manager on £25m contract in Thames Valley
Our client is one of the UKs leading Utilities and Construction firms who have been established for over 30 years and continue to grow and develop. Currently, they are looking to add an experienced Contract Manager to the team who will be responsible for managing projects in the civils/water team.
Responsibilities of the Contracts manager include the financial monitoring and control of the contracts, ensuring Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality compliance is maintained and the Company's procedures and objectives are achieved.
The successful candidate is likely to meet all of the following criteria:
- Extensive experience of managing projects within a civils/water environment
- Good working knowledge of contract conditions, CDM regulations, design management,
programme and risk management and cost control including forecasting, actual cost and
- Experience of MS project
- Knowledge of the NEC contract including the Early Warning and Compensation Event
- Educated as a minimum to HNC/HND/Degree level (or equivalent)
- CSCS card
- Experience of Pre-Qualification and Tendering process for a number of multi-discipline
- Excellent people management skills with the ability to influence and mentor
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with both customers and all levels of staff
- Problem solving skills and analytical thinking
- CEng MICE, or equivalent
- NEBOSH construction certificate
- Experience of using P6 software
The company are offering a salary up to £80,000 and in addition to this a company car, generous pension scheme and health benefits are available too.