Our client is currently seeking a talented Building Surveyor to join their expanding Property and Housing team. This position is a key hire for their successful property services department where the post holder will be required to manage a framework of planned investment and maintenance contracts. This is a great opportunity to be part of a progressive and forward thinking housing association
Our client is a leading G15 RP that owns and manages over 30,000 units in London. The business is expanding at a rapid rate adding new innovative homes to their portfolio every year. They are recognised as financially secure with a strong set of core values that revolve around providing safe, affordable homes for their customers.
As a Building Surveyor you will assist the management team is providing professional surveying services for their planned and responsive contracts. This is administered via a framework of approved contractors.
The Building Surveyor will be tasked with but not limited to the following:
- Building excellent working relationships with housing operations, contractors and consultants to deliver the planned works program for your area to manage reactive repairs as required
- Continually monitor the framework in order to maximise the performance of the contracts.
- Review the agreed performance indicators for both contractors and consultants making sure you direct any improvements that are required.
- Project manage complex responsive repairs and planned maintenance projects in your patch
- Oversee responsive repairs works to enable improvements to the planned maintenance programmes.
- Carry out annual stock condition surveys in consultation with the Planning and Performance team.
- Provide high quality technical surveying assessments to a variety of projects
To be successful in the post of Building Surveyor for south London you will need to be hard working, customer focused and passionate in your approach to work!
the client will be looking for the following skills and experiences:
- Experience managing major works and maintenance projects for a housing business or similar
- Experience in preparing tender docs, scope of works and cost appraisal and dealing with interim / final accounts.
- Understanding and working knowledge of contract documents such as JCT / NEC.
- Knowledge and ability to write detailed technical reports.
- BSc / MSc in Surveying or RICS qualification
£3,000 - £45,000 + generous pension contribution + 25 days holiday + corporate benefits package