Senior Planner (0741)
CONSTRUCT. BUILD. SHAPE. DESIGN. CREATE.
You can do all of this and more with BAM.
We give you scope, freedom, and the remit to influence others. All within a well-established business, who embrace loyal staff and work on some remarkable projects which span across the UK and Europe.
BAM Construct UK are recruiting for a Senior Planner to join their Midlands team. The role is part office based at our office in Shirley, Birmingham, and site based on projects across the region.
You will focus on:
- Preparation of design, procurement and construction programmes using Asta Powerproject for pre-qualifications, tenders and live projects.Identifying and selecting the appropriate techniques and sequence of events for each project.
- Analysing sites & local environments to determine appropriate logistics solutions and resources.
- Using specialist planning computer software, including Navisworks Timeliner or similar.
- Preparing logistics plans and phasing layouts, using Powerpoint and Google Sketch-up.
- Writing method statements.
- Scheduling labour, selecting of major plant and access equipment incl. scaffold schedules, tower crane utilisation and temporary works.
- Attending and presenting at client interviews.
- Preparing detailed working programmes.
- Agreeing subcontractor trade programmes.
- Monitoring progress throughout the construction process, and comparing this with the projected schedule of work.
- Reporting findings, and recommending solutions to recover delays.
- Recording relevant events for potential entitlement claims.
- Using graphical and scheduled media to reflect progress, event impacts and forecasts.
- Liaising with the rest of Project Team throughout the process, making adjustments to project plans as necessary.
- Providing advice and support on the development of specific systems of working.Preparing project and activity feedback reports.
- Helping to develop the companies planning processes and procedures.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Demonstrable experience in contract and tender planning.
- Ideally Degree qualified, minimum qualification to HNC, HND level.
- Experience in using; Asta Powerproject, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Word.
- Knowledge in MS Project and Primavera (preferred but not essential).
- Knowledge and practice in 3D/4D modelling.
- Good communication skills and the ability to work within a team environment or as an individual.
In addition to a competitive salary you will benefit from excellent BAM benefits and much more. If you share BAMs value of doing what you say you will, to the best of your ability, every time, we want to hear from you.
Come and build your career with BAM Construct UK.
We are committed to developing a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customer base and the communities in which we operate.
By 2020 we will have a visibly inclusive culture attracting the best talent to our diverse business by having an environment which enables everyone to fulfil their full potential.
Apply for Senior Planner (0741)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly