Senior Highways Engineer
Senior Highways Engineer contract job in Bristol paying up to £32ph.
The key responsibilities and duties of the role are:
* Deliver engineering services within an engineering environment which may include (but not limited to); scheme investigation, inspections, data collection and analysis, feasibility and outline design, detailed design, construction inspection / supervision, contract preparation, stakeholder engagement / management, statutory undertaker engagement / management, traffic order making;
* Leading the delivery of technical outputs within project teams;
* Responsibility for supporting technical excellence and innovation across the project team;
* Champion Value Management / Engineering to ensure schemes are delivered efficiently;
* Deliver improvements to SHEQ within all aspects of projects and lead task groups where appropriate to develop, communicate and implement SHEQ improvements;
* Accountable for checking, certifying and authorising for issue designs, documents, approvals, Professional Skill and Care Certificates and reports;
* Technical input to the agreement of project briefs, proposals and deliverables with Project Managers.
Ability to strive continuously to innovate in how you perform and work with clients and to deliver excellence. We want people who are committed to the development of themselves and others.
We are looking to appoint individuals who will be positive and enthusiastic team players, with degree / higher level qualifications in Civil Engineering and with previous experience of working in engineering within the construction industry. This position requires candidates to be a Chartered/Incorporated member of a relevant professional engineering body, or have demonstrable experience.
* Demonstrable knowledge and experience of the design and construction of highways and general civil engineering projects and able to check and verify the technical outputs of the team prior to issue to clients;
* An understanding of Highways England and strategic infrastructure developments, including rail;
* Experience in the delivery of Highways England projects from a design perspective and familiarity with Highways England processes would be a distinct advantage;
* An understanding of Local Authority and Private Developer infrastructure developments;
* A working knowledge of civil engineering and utility provision procedures;
* An excellent communicator and confident to attend meetings and advise clients and technical team members as appropriate.
Our main vision is to be recognised for our excellence, so, beyond qualifications, the key attributes we look for are the ability to solve problems, the ability to build constructive relationships, and a desire to keep learning and improving.